13.3.08

A crusade of 18 days...

Last 18 days have been hectic, irritating, saddening... Though I hope they were fruitful...(Dunno will come to know only in mid-april!!!)



24.2.2008 :- Pressure Building up... So much to finish! juggling between Finance and Economics.



25.2.2008 :- Day began with economics(as late as 11.a.m... Thanks to the last night session till 3.a.m). Completed Banking Sector Norms... Still a bit of uneasiness within... Took up Law in the night session(This was my 3rd serious attempt to study law. End-result:-session ends at 1:30... a nice one and half hour before the schedule) Lazybumb!



26.2.2008 :- Took up Economics again... Something unexpected happen. My cousin suddenly came to India.(Had I not told him not to come during my exams??? Grrrrrrrr!). But I have to admit it was a blessing in disguise! The fellow called me up every 4hrs to tell me how he was enjoying. I was jealous, but at the same time the talks relieved the mounting tension. Anyway finished the Indian Money Market.



27.2.2008 :- It was eco, eco and only eco... Pressure building up...



28.2.2008 :- A day before exams... Started with revisions... Could not sleep the whole night...kept tossing my head over the sleepless pillow...



29.2.2008 :- Bang! The D-day... Day starts as early as 5am. Condition worse than a zombie. The first hurdle successfully crossed, but I could have done better. Back home, tried to sleep still could not.

1.3.2008 :- Could not sleep the whole night. Woke up rather early. Astonishingly I was dozing off at d study table; not bcoz i was very much sleep deprived, but the subject i had to do was FC. How I hate to study FC! It is a crappy subject which consists of environment, communicable diseases, scientists, pollution, etc. And I thought I was going to graduate in commerce after a year!

2.3.2008 :- Manged to sleep for 3 hrs in the night. Attended the CAT class. Was surprisingly awake for d RC session. came back home... again slept for an hour or so and then retired to studying FC.

3.3.2008 :- Finally dat FC thing is over. No more FC next year! And yes the paper went well! Much better than it was expected. Finally I was able to catch on some well deserved sleep.

4.3.2008 :- Accounts coming up the next day. I had practised enuf for it, the entire year. yet was going thru everything minutely. Wid podar papers, one cannot afford to take chances. India wins d VB series. Wollah!

5.3.2008:- The paper was a major screw-up! Losing 10 mks comfortably. Thats d figure in my books. Dunno abt the paper corrector's books! Wid law coming up, brooding is unaffordable. Every minute counts...

6.3.2008:- law law law.... i would prefer to be beheaded wid a saw!

7.3.2008:- I understood y co-operatives dont survive in India. The law is so bad!

8.3.2008:- Fill in the blanks in the paper of law? A booty worth 15mks. Almost got all of them(wid options)

9.3.2008:- I love u journalism. I dont have to study answers to write you. I can relax. I really really love u! Cousin came for dinner. Had a gala time! Ended up wid tummy cramps in the night :(

10.3.2008:- I cant understand, what exactly is my problem? I crib when I have to study and I crib when i dont have to.

11.3.2008:- The paper was a cakewalk. 25mks were already in the pocket(thanks to project work)

12.3.2008:- It is really difficult to study bfore the last paper. Still managed to pull it off, but ended up forgetting everything at d end.(one of my very famous exam bloopers... going blank!). That called for another sleepless night!

13.3.2008:- Ah! the paper was easier than expected. Could remember almost everything while writing it. Last paper! khatam. no more misery of podar papers! wah wah! slept like a pig the entire day.

Few things I learnt during this crusade:-
1. I cannot sleep bfore the first paper, no matter how hard I try.
2. No preparation is sufficient for accounts. It is sheer luck.
3. Studying law in advance is a stupidity... It is back to square one when u revise.
4. You cannot study before the last paper, no matter how hard you try!

PS:-My mom has thrown out the jar of pickle. She thinks it is responsible for my frequently recurring tummy cramps. How right she is! Indeed, pickles it is! My life is a pickle.

5 comments:

Dhandal said...

hmm..wat more came i add on to those 18 days..
may be more terrible..
now its time to relax until the pressure builds up for Nov'08

Hamsa Iyer said...

10.3.2008:- I cant understand, what exactly is my problem? I crib when I have to study and I crib when i dont have to.

yes.. sharvari.. m glad realisation took place.. bt yeah.. xams does a lot of stuff.. to our brains and our minds.. i knw wat u were goin thru..

Amogh said...

"law law law.... i would prefer to be beheaded wid a saw!"

Just the kind of humor after such stressful exams :P

Daunting as the prospect might have seemed, I think you've aced the exams :) Good work!

Sharvari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharvari said...

@ dhandal
yeah d big one coming up in nov... shit man!!!

@ hamsa
well d realisation did take place... but it ceases to have any effect on me... I m still d same idiot!

@ amogh
humor? Well life has bcum a mockery now... hehehe.. I dont give a damn tho!
Whether I hav aced my exams or no, i dunno.. I just gave it all I could, coz dats all i could do...