27.1.09

Books, Books all over!

Posted by Sharvari on 27/01/2009
With the university exams coming up in less than 2 months most of us have started(atleast pretended to have) studying. And that is how my room is full of books everywhere. Books on the table, books on the bed, books on the chair, books at the window. I have just one specific problem. I can't stick to one damn subject while studying and that is one of the reasons why I can't boast of having completed atleast one subject. The other ofcourse is my laziness. My mother has threatened to throw all my things out if I don't keep them in order. As it is my brother has been compelled to use one of the cabinets of the living room side-piece because the lady herself(that's me) occupies the study table cabinet. I know I m mean. But I can't help it. I have variety of study material stuffed inside the cabinet. Be it my TY books or my German course books. I also have a dirty habit of stocking my old stuff. That would explain the reason behind me still holding on to the MBA entrance material. Though I moved it out of the study table cabinet and put it on one of the upper shelf cupboards. The upper shelf cupboard also contains some of my school books which my mother has kept for my brother's reference(You know all those essay books, sanskrit books, etc). It also contains my FY and SY stuff. My mother does not understand the reason behind me not using them and still clinging on to them. What if I forget what I did in FY, SY and something similar crops up in TY. Then they will always come handy, wouldn't they? I know I have a hoarding syndrome, but there are so many memories attached to such things. Well I am not all that mean, I have promised my brother the study table cabinet after my TY.

PS: I forgot to mention. I have hoarded up all the editions of reader's digest since 2005 and I keep removing 2-3 per week to re-read. lol!

3 comments:

Dhandal said...

Books, even i somehow cant let go of them. i still have my 10th math textbook somewhere in the cabinet. well when u think of it now that i have preserved it for so long i might as well show it off to my kids ;)

Swatimala said...

even my book shelf looked like tht till ystrday...thts when i was threatened by my mom 2 clean it

Sharvari said...

@dhandal
kids??? When are u getting married?

@swati
i keep clean it and create a mess!