8.3.11

Women's Day

I somehow don't appreciate the idea of having a separate day as 'Women's Day'. Everyday is a woman's day. Think of your mother, your sister, your daughter. Their love is unconditional and not conditional as in the case of a wife, as many husbands would want to think.
Having said that, I felt nice when all the ladies in the institute got flowers from the faculty. I would never forget what the prof told me, 'Make your mother proud of you!' Point noted Sir! My actions, inactions, thoughts would be such that she would always hold her head high in pride.

Happy Women's Day, Aaee!

4 comments:

Hamsa Iyer said...

Sadly, i wonder who feels for men? except themselves. People are strong or weak- it's a character/personality trait. Circumstances, situations and events make women vulnerable to various social stigmas. To fight back is one's choice. No one can make you a victim unless and until you let them.

That i believe is the sad part.

Sharvari said...

At times I wonder if men really care for women!

Pranjal Wagh said...

I feel the same way about women's day
ITs like one of my friends said Happy women's day but kal se dabba time pe dena padega

But I do not agree that men do not care for women.They do care for women very much.Its just that they do not express it more often

Sharvari said...

may be u r just seeing one section which is bright.... majority of the men dont feel the same.