11.1.09

A weekend that wasn't....

The result season has begun...
The CAT result was shocking! My score according to the ans key put up by them was different and according to the score card was different. Paagulguy went amok with such problems. People with lower percentiles have got calls and someone with 98.9 did not get a single call. As some might put it- a weird pattern of results. Well coming back to my score...Whatever it was I would not have made it to the IIMs with it. So there is no point in discussing it. It is like losing a battle which was fiercely fought. Sad!!! But that is how life is! All in all the experience was fantastic! Just one competitive exam teaches you what the education system could not teach you for years. I will admit I felt a bit bad, but the roof did not come crashing down.
SNAP result was good. But I am not applying. Some friends have called me choosy, egoistic, crazy and what not. Some said that on my face(which I appreciate) and some did that behind my back(grrr!). I just have one question. When I have the choice, why should I not exercise it? And given the current scenario, isn't it safe to do your MBA from the institutes which are at the apex of the triangle? I know I am sounding kolhyala draksha ambat(Grapes are sour for the fox who could not reach them) types, but somehow I feel I will do well if I take up the job. If I do a MBA 2-3 years later I stand to gain more. And it is JPM for God's sake! It will look great on my CV! I am looking forward to May now.
While writing all this I m listening to, 'Yeh honsla kaise jhuke, yeh arzoo kaise ruke, manjil mushkil toh kya, dhundla sahil toh kya, tanha yeh dil toh kya. Raah pe kaate bikhre agar, uspe toh phir bhi chalna hi hai, shyam chupale suraj magar, raatko ek din dhalna hi hai, rut ye tal jaayegi, himmat rang laayegi, subah phir aayegi...."

PS: Even the symbiosis results were not great for some. People are calling it names and even going to the extent of saying that the seats are sold! lol!!! lol!!! and yeah the journey to the IIMs has not been aborted, it continues. It is only postponed! :)

2 comments:

Dhandal said...

U have a JPM in your kitty dear. You have nothing to worry!

Abha said...

and you certainly deserve much more than what you have chosen NOT to accept! :)