14.6.08

Anxious eyes...

Picture this... On a rainy day a 16yr old and a gentleman presumably her father enter a suburban college to inquire about forms for the current academic year. The girl's hands are in her father's. There is some strange kind of emotion in her eyes. It could be a combined expression of joy of being just out of school and the fear of the day when her father will have to let go her hand. She will no more be secured or constantly under a strict vigil of her teachers. She will be free to behave in the way she wants to. She can choose to be impervious to everything around her. A new life awaits her. Or is it a rude shock??? Only time will tell!
Flashback:
Looking back at the journey that began 4 yrs ago and will be soon coming to an end in another 10 months, I wonder what I have achieved. I am not the same kid I was 4 yrs ago. Change is the only thing that remains constant. These 4 yrs gave me the biggest lessons I could have ever got. I faltered and I learnt to mend my mistakes. I fell down and I learnt to pick up the pieces and walk. I saw things I could not change and I learnt to accept them the way they are. I may not have stopped cribbing, but I have definitely learnt to take life cheerfully in its own stride.

3 comments:

Hamsa Iyer said...

yes. tht's wat life is all about..
u go girl!

cheers,
life rocks
hamsa

Dhandal said...

we have to move on in life...on every turn u'll find something new...u learn..n u learn the best when u make mistakes...the future has lots of mysteries in stored for all of us..

ranji said...

change can be intimidating...best way to come to terms with it is to take it head on. great post. made me feel nostalgic..blog on!!