14.6.09

Campus to Corporate

When we all apply for jobs, we think we will just have to execute whatever we have learnt so far. If that is what you think, then you are making a big big mistake. Trust me you have to be open to many new things. You will be inundated with lot of new things. Your ability to grasp and retain will be at test. You should be ready to learn, unlearn and then relearn. When you were in college, you could just bunk the following day if you have had a heavy day. But here you just can't. You look forward for the weekend. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday go in thinking about the last weekend and Thursday, Friday go in planning the next.(ofcourse all I did this weekend was sleep) I was told by a senior that your first month in any organisation is your honeymooning period. You learn new things, come to know new people, etc. But what if your honeymoon makes you battle with a bad stomach? Your entire constitution goes for a toss? You don't want it, right? But that is not the case here. You learn to endure, face and fight all the obstacles. Having said that, I have also heard people go an extra mile forward to make you feel comfortable. People take care of your needs. Well, I think I should agree here, I have easily lost 2-3 kilos. They have taken enough care to see that I lose weight and that too without joining a gym! Now that is cost cutting!

2 comments:

Dhandal said...

Lost weight :( aaila! Good luck girl...and keep ur eyes open for .... ;) u know who :P

ranji said...

cost cutting hehe...i like the wordplay :D
all true indeed!