14.4.09

Doing away...

Posted by Sharvari on 14/4/2009
In one of my last posts I had mentioned how I hoard up things. I kept my promise and I emptied my cupboard for my brother. Each paper, each book I removed had some or the other memory attached to it. While I did so, I pondered how my journey since 2003 had been. How fast time had flied! And now how life has come a full circle for me. SSC-results- admissions- HSC-results- admissions-FY-SY-TY. I finished mine a few weeks ago. My brother is starting his. It felt a little sad to do away with things which I had preserved all these years. It was a process of flushing unpleasant memories and retaining the pleasant ones. I disposed off a newspaper which I had hoarded for atleast an year and a half for a particular reason. I did not even look at it twice. Things become so different when emotions change! I quietly arranged my brother's books in my cupboard and shifted mine outside. The process pinched a bit. Nevertheless, I had to give my brother his own space or rather had to convert my space into his. He needs it.

1 comment:

Dhandal said...

a new beginning...embrace it with a smile...