15.11.07

First gear is always difficult...

It has been 15 days since I am learning how to drive, but how much ever I try I cant possibly get it right. The most difficult part is getting started with the first gear. Initially I did not know at what point to hold the clutch and at what time to release it. I used to curse the makers for putting that clutch there. A car only with the brakes and accelerator would be just fine. But alas!!! Things don't function as we want them to. They often change our mode of functioning. And as it is said, 'No matter what you do taking the first step towards anything is going to be difficult.' This might explain why the first gear is not so easy as it seems. The key lies in never giving up or getting deterred inspite of the repeated setbacks. Just keep going and counter all the hindrances with the same zest and enthusiasm as you had for the first obstacle and one day you will sail smoothly.

Ok!!!Enough of pravachan!
I hope I sail smoothly...(i mean) ride safely. Actually I should! There is no charm or thrill in doing things if they are easy.

2 comments:

Ocassionally Yours Vineet said...

well going thru driving myself...1st gear is simple and easy but as u get started with it...u realise u cant be only on 1st gear u have to change to 2-3-4 gear to control.....

cest la vie....

nice analogy btw

Dhandal said...

aah shift to the 4th gear dude....its a sooooooomth sail.........feels like heaven!